Set-up of the European CMR Exam
The exam is in English and fully computer-based with each candidate having their own computer terminal displaying questions and images.
It consists of 100 questions in multiple-choice format with one single best answer for each question. Each correct answer will receive one mark.
There is no negative marking for incorrect answers as in previous European CMR Exams.
Please note that for 2017 the format of the examination will be the same as in 2016. The format outlined below supersedes all other documentation about the structure of the European CMR examination prior to 2016.
The examination will consist of only 1 part. This will be 100 multiple choice questions with one single best answer for each question.
These questions will contain text only or still images. There will be no moving images (movies) for this examination.
The weighting of the questions will be in accordance with the examination blueprint
The examination will last 2 hours 30 minutes.
Due to the way in which the examination is structured and to maintain examination security no candidate will be permitted to leave early.
Please note that for the 2017 examination there will therefore be no movies questions in the examination and there will be no movie section to the examination.
For further information on becoming fully European CMR Certified please click here.
|Before the exam
- The candidate is required to come to the Certification registration desk at least 30 minutes before the start of the examination in order to sign the registration sheet.
- The candidate is requested to bring and present a photo ID document to confirm their identity for the exam.
- The candidate will only be allowed to enter the exam room 5 minutes before the examination begins.
- The candidate is not allowed to have any electronic devices with them and no other material.
- Exam organisers cannot be held liable for any loss of valuables.
- Sheets of paper and pencils for notes are provided.
During the exam
- Candidates who have been identified by the invigilators as disturbing the exam or cheating will be dismissed and will fail the exam and will be permanently debarred from all future sittings of the examination.
- If candidates need to go to the bathroom, candidates need to raise their arms to get the invigilators attention. Invigilators will keep the Photo ID during such breaks and candidates will have to sign in and out. Pockets will be checked when leaving and returning to the exam room.
- There is no official break during the exam
Please note: No materials used in the exam can be removed from the exam room. Anyone found cheating will be banned from taking the exam in the future.
After the exam
Results will be based on a pre-defined pass mark, so unlike previous CMR exams will not depend on the results of other candidates taking the test at the same time.
Candidates will be notified by email within 4 to 6 weeks after the exam of their outcome and a given a certificate stating their achievement in the exam if they pass.